We made it through Halloween and now it’s time for the real holidays! This is the time when people working on their health are trying to figure out how do I enjoy the holidays, still stay on track, don’t feel restricted, and get back on track when It’s all said and done. Here are a few tips for you!
1. You know yourself better than anyone. If you KNOW that if you eat something you don’t generally and that it will set you back because you’ll just want more and more of it then DON’T eat it! That’s like someone who abuses substances saying I can have just one, knowing they can’t. Be HONEST with yourself.
2. If you know you can go off track a little bit, then do it, enjoy it, and get back on track the next day!
3. If you’re tracking macros just stick to your macros and eat whatever fits into them.
4. Celebrate with people that understand your health journey and are going to encourage you instead of making fun of you for the choices that you make when you’re enjoying your holidays!
5. Look for healthier alternatives to sweet treats that you enjoy!
6. It’s a couple of days out of the year! Enjoy it! I follow a 90/10 rule. 90% of the time I eat healthy whole foods. So, if occasionally I want something, not in my usual diet, I eat it! No harm no foul. AGAIN, if you know you can’t do that (see #1).
Life is too short to live on such restrictions that you can’t enjoy life and the foods that come along with it. Your diet should be a lifestyle change, not a restrictive diet that prevents you from having fun in life!